U.S. Consulate General Cape Town
Latest News from the Consulate
Deputy Secretary for Agriculture Krysta Harden addressed 500 members of the agriculture industry at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) annual conference in Cape Town last week. Harden travelled to South Africa to meet with key stakeholders in the country’s agriculture industry and government.
American dance company Step Afrika! took South Africa by storm, teaching and performing in the Mother City. They electrified young and old with the American dance form of stepping. After a youth camp, two free performances for the general public, and three exhilarating live appearances on national television.
U.S. Ambassador to South Africa Patrick Gaspard visited the Eastern Cape to pay homage to an American nun who served the people of South Africa for more than five decades in rural Eastern Cape.
Beginning this month a story buried by water and sand for hundreds of years off the coast at Clifton Beach can finally be told. Thanks to the dauntless researchers and divers from Africa and the Americas who have worked together for years to bring this tragic yet inspiring tale to the surface, the legacy of the São José slave ship and a fateful day in December 1794 is coming to light.
Dessa — a rapper, singer and wordsmith from Minneapolis, Minnesota— touched down in Port Elizabeth, South Africa on May 11, 2015 to spend a week teaching and performing in communities in the Eastern Cape.
There was hardly a quiet moment when the new 2015 YALI Fellows sat down for lunch with Justice Albie Sachs and Consul General Teddy B. Taylor. The smell of home cooked chicken pie and vegetables filled Taylor’s residence as fellows met for the first time this month in Cape Town.
People from across South Africa joined international visitors in the Mother City to hear some of the world best musicians at this year’s Cape Town International Jazz Festival. Now in its sixteenth year, “Africa’s Grandest Gathering” once again demonstrated that jazz is a true global unifier.
Meet our Consul General Teddy B. Taylor
Messages for U.S. Citizens
Most Recent Messages
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Anniversary of the September 11 Attacks (09/04/2015)
- Planned Demonstration in Durban Central Business District (08/20/2015)
- Updated Worldwide Caution (07/30/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration at U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg on June 12 (06/12/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on May 21, 2015 at the U.S. Embassy in Pretoria (05/20/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on May 18 in Durban Central Business District (05/15/2015)
- Security Messages for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on May 8 in Durban Central Business District (05/08/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Protest-related Violence in Soweto (05/07/2015)
- Security Messages for U.S. Citizens: Violence Against Foreign Nationals (04/17/2015)
- Messages for U.S. Citizens: June 1, 2015 Reminder: Entry and Exit Requirements for Children in South Africa (04/10/2015)
- Planned Demonstration in Durban Central Business District (04/08/2015)
- The State Department unclassified internet and email has been restored and is functioning normally (03/17/2014)
- The e-Mail System at the U.S. Mission in South Africa is Currently Experiencing Limited Service (03/16/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on March 18, 2015 at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg (03/13/2015)
- Demonstration on March 8, 2015 at Sandton Convention Center (03/06/2015)
- Planned Demonstration in Durban CBD on March 6, 2015 (03/06/2015)
- Travel Alert Lesotho ( 02/17/2015)
- Updated Worldwide Caution (01/12/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Potential Implications for Travel Due to Ebola in Parts of West Africa(12/03/2014)
- Planned Protest in CBD Durban (11/21/2014)
- Protest in Vicinity of U.S. Consulate General Cape Town (10/29/2014)
- Updated Worldwide Caution (10/15/2014)
- Pretoria Zoo Update (10/14/2014)
- South Africa Postpones Enforcement of New Immigration Regulations for Children (09/19/2014)
- Recent Armed Robberies of Visitors to Pretoria Zoo (09/11/2014)
- Protest March to U.S. Consulate General Johannesburg on Friday, September 12, 2014
- U.S. Embassy Maseru (09/10/2014)
- U.S. Embassy, Lesotho, Maseru (08/30/2014)
- Potential Implications for Travel Because of Ebola in Parts of West Africa (08/29/2014)
- Two Night Clubs in Johannesburg off-Limits to U.S. Government Employees
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Ebola-Related Travel Ban for Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone (08/22/2014)
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Information and Resources (08/15/2014)
- Planned Protest in CBD Cape Town (08/08/2014)