U.S. Consulate General Cape Town
Latest News from the Consulate
There was hardly a quiet moment when the new 2015 YALI Fellows sat down for lunch with Justice Albie Sachs and Consul General Teddy B. Taylor. The smell of home cooked chicken pie and vegetables filled Taylor’s residence as fellows met for the first time this month in Cape Town.
People from across South Africa joined international visitors in the Mother City to hear some of the world best musicians at this year’s Cape Town International Jazz Festival. Now in its sixteenth year, “Africa’s Grandest Gathering” once again demonstrated that jazz is a true global unifier.
The project called Book Wings is a collaborative exchange and performance initiative designed to bring together writers, actors, directors, and new media professionals from the United States and South Africa in a virtual environment.
Pupils from schools around the city centre kicked-off Valentine’s Day the right way on Friday, February 13 when they participated in soccer-based HIV awareness. Noisy kids filled the square outside the Cape Town Central Library lining up to take their shot at the goal. U.S. Consul General Teddy Taylor too joined in with the fun and kicked a ball to post.
A dynamic group of international women leaders in technology came to Cape Town to engage with women and girls who are striving to become future leaders in the tech industry in South Africa. The visiting group was part of TechWomen, an organization sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and the Institute of International Education.
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) of the United States Department of Justice invited eight members of the city’s Safety and Security Directorate Gang and Drug Task Team to attend an advanced drug agent course at the International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) in Gaborone, Botswana
Scores of smiling faces, warm handshakes, and upbeat jazz tunes officially welcomed Teddy Taylor to Cape Town during his welcome reception as the new U.S. Consul General on November 5.
Meet our Consul General Teddy B. Taylor
Messages for U.S. Citizens
Most Recent Messages
- Security Messages for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on May 8 in Durban Central Business District (05/08/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Protest-related Violence in Soweto (05/07/2015)
- Security Messages for U.S. Citizens: Violence Against Foreign Nationals (04/17/2015)
- Messages for U.S. Citizens: June 1, 2015 Reminder: Entry and Exit Requirements for Children in South Africa (04/10/2015)
- Planned Demonstration in Durban Central Business District (04/08/2015)
- The State Department unclassified internet and email has been restored and is functioning normally (03/17/2014)
- The e-Mail System at the U.S. Mission in South Africa is Currently Experiencing Limited Service (03/16/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration on March 18, 2015 at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg (03/13/2015)
- Demonstration on March 8, 2015 at Sandton Convention Center (03/06/2015)
- Planned Demonstration in Durban CBD on March 6, 2015 (03/06/2015)
- Travel Alert Lesotho ( 02/17/2015)
- Updated Worldwide Caution (01/12/2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Potential Implications for Travel Due to Ebola in Parts of West Africa(12/03/2014)
- Planned Protest in CBD Durban (11/21/2014)
- Protest in Vicinity of U.S. Consulate General Cape Town (10/29/2014)
- Updated Worldwide Caution (10/15/2014)
- Pretoria Zoo Update (10/14/2014)
- South Africa Postpones Enforcement of New Immigration Regulations for Children (09/19/2014)
- Recent Armed Robberies of Visitors to Pretoria Zoo (09/11/2014)
- Protest March to U.S. Consulate General Johannesburg on Friday, September 12, 2014
- U.S. Embassy Maseru (09/10/2014)
- U.S. Embassy, Lesotho, Maseru (08/30/2014)
- Potential Implications for Travel Because of Ebola in Parts of West Africa (08/29/2014)
- Two Night Clubs in Johannesburg off-Limits to U.S. Government Employees
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Ebola-Related Travel Ban for Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone (08/22/2014)
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Information and Resources (08/15/2014)
- Planned Protest in CBD Cape Town (08/08/2014)